Five Signs It’s Time For Eye Rejuvenation
When most people think of turning back the clock, they are focused on forehead lines, sagging jowls, and loose skin. While these common signs of facial aging can certainly make a person look older, many men and women are surprised to learn just how much of a role the eyes play in their overall appearance. In fact, enhancing the eye area alone can make a patient look years younger! At VIP Cosmetic Surgery in Hilton Head and Okatie, SC, board-certified ophthalmologist and oculoplastic surgeon Dr. Kenneth Farr performs a wide array of eye rejuvenation treatments and procedures to keep patients looking and feeling their best. Find out what signs may mean you could benefit from eye rejuvenation, and learn what surgical and nonsurgical eye enhancement options are available to you.
Do I need eye rejuvenation surgery?
Choosing to enhance your look with cosmetic surgery or a nonsurgical treatment is ultimately a personal decision. However, many patients are simply unsure whether their concerns are enough to warrant having work done. Five common signs and symptoms that may mean you are a good candidate for an eye rejuvenation procedure include:
- Hanging eyelids: As we age, collagen and elastin fibers break down, leading to wrinkles and sagging skin. For many patients, this causes drooping eyelids, wrinkled eyelids, or heavy eyelids. In some cases, sagging eyelids can actually begin to impair a patient’s field of vision.
- Hooded eyes: Even younger patients can have excess eyelid skin, giving the eyes a hooded appearance. Oftentimes, patients of certain ethnicities lack a strong eyelid crease and desire eye rejuvenation surgery.
- Bags under the eyes: The lower eyelids can also be improved with eye rejuvenation surgery. Bulging bags under the eyes, puffy undereye circles, and other concerns involving the lower eye area may mean you are a candidate for eyelid surgery.
- Heavy brow: The brow itself can also begin to sag or droop with age, impacting the eye area. Brow lift surgery, while it does not specifically address the eyes themselves, can make a dramatic impact on the upper face and bring more attention to the eyes.
- Angry appearance: If you feel like you always look angry or tired, it may be due to your eyes. Puffiness, hanging eyelids, downturned eyes, and other concerns are often responsible for a tired or angry appearance and can be improved with eye rejuvenation surgery.
What kind of eye rejuvenation surgery do I need?
During your initial consultation for eye rejuvenation in the Hilton Head or Okatie, SC area, Dr. Farr will carefully evaluate your areas of concern, discuss your desired outcome, and explain all of your available options in detail. Based on this information, Dr. Farr will create a customized treatment plan that best meets your needs. Some of the most popular forms of facial rejuvenation and eye enhancement performed by Dr. Farr include:
With the right procedure and a highly skilled surgeon, like Dr. Farr, you can achieve your ultimate aesthetic goals with eye rejuvenation in South Carolina.
Refresh your look and restore your confidence with eye rejuvenation surgery in Hilton Head, SC
Whether you want to correct a drooping eyelid or hope to take years off your look, eye rejuvenation may be right for you. To learn more about the exciting surgical and nonsurgical eye rejuvenation options available at VIP Cosmetic Surgery in Hilton Head and Okatie, SC, call to schedule your private consultation with board-certified ophthalmologist and oculoplastic surgeon Dr. Kenneth Farr today!